A holistic approach to learning
150 years of excellence in education
At Vaucluse Public School, we are committed to helping each child reach his or her potential and make the best use of individual interests and talents. We do this by adopting a holistic approach to learning, one that addresses all areas of development – social, academic, physical and emotional.
At Vaucluse Public School, your child will:
- Develop the skills, knowledge and understanding to become a successful reader and writer.
- Be taught to be a confident public speaker.
- Participate in numeracy programs that research shows develop a strong foundation in number understanding as well as measurement and geometry.
- Learn about the environment, different cultures and Australian history in a sequential and age-appropriate manner.
- Become socially responsible as a result of programs designed to promote tolerance, equality and a fair go for all.
- Learn Hebrew.
- Participate in a sports program that aids skill-development in ball-handling, games, gymnastics, dance and teamwork.
- Have the opportunity to join choirs and bands, as well as participating in weekly music lessons.
- Learn about visual arts through appreciation and creation of their own work.